hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
March 29, 2024, 05:15:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: PUMP COMPARISONS  (Read 5432 times)
deeloc

View Profile
« on: June 13, 2004, 01:14:28 AM »

What I would like to know is pump comparisons according to the psi it puts out and what is different about this pump 'x' vs. pump 'y'. Just so I can do the comparing between companies and so forth and not just go by word of mouth.
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2004, 03:11:47 AM »

What I would like to know is pump comparisons according to the psi it puts out and what is different about this pump 'x' vs. pump 'y'. Just so I can do the comparing between companies and so forth and not just go by word of mouth.

If you are looking to see what the Lowrider hydraulic type of power packs (gates) put out, this might be a slight problem in getting the facts straight and not all the hype.

Do you mean pump head (gears) or the complete power pack?

What I did was contact the manufacture and actually talked to an engineer at Stone Hydraulics. I also got the specs sheets at the vendors.

Just about every hydraulic part manufacture provides these fact/spec sheets.  Fenner (Stone?)and Marzzocchi should have them too.

I have parts catalogs form dozens of manufactures all listing their specs. Except mine are all years old.

I wish I had a little free time to hunt these down for you. If you come accross some newer info, can you post something or LMK?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2004, 03:26:49 AM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
deeloc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2004, 07:10:44 PM »

I guess I mean the whole pump.
I did a little searching myself and found on CCE's website they compared the psi of one pump to another. I was just wondering why other companies don't do the same, cause it is really confusing as to what a street pump can do to one that has a fancy name.
However I am getting volv_lo's book! Cheesy  
Hydros/Tony
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2004, 09:15:41 PM »

I guess I mean the whole pump.
I did a little searching myself and found on CCE's website they compared the psi of one pump to another. I was just wondering why other companies don't do the same, cause it is really confusing as to what a street pump can do to one that has a fancy name.
However I am getting volv_lo's book! Cheesy
What's the web page address for CCE?
deeloc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2004, 09:07:56 PM »

www.coolcars.org
trulowrider79

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 03:45:48 AM »

hey man all these pumps r the same.  use a marzochi head but just remember it aint the equipment its what u know and what u make it do. my homeboy had a single pump with six batteries and he got up about 12 inches but i on the other hand with just scrap parts and no marzochi head was getting up about 24, with a marzochi im confident with what i know now i could get a single pump up to 35 or 40 inches.  fyi i use showtime
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: