hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 29, 2024, 02:49:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Using a return hose and a second check valve  (Read 1900 times)
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« on: March 26, 2004, 12:56:24 AM »

Hoses have some give in them, the metal strands do flex under extreme pressure, this is how a hose will pop.

Having a long hose to the front with the check valve at the trunk there will be some flexing of the hose as the tires hit the ground.  To avoid this, put the dump and slowdown under the hood, and use a second check valve just before the "T" or "Y"

This system may reduce busting pressure hoses, and at the same time, may allow for a more firm reaction from the cylinders as the flexing of the hoses is canceled with the second check valve.

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
trulowrider79

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2005, 02:26:21 AM »

well i think this may be a little false (this is just my opinion). but if there is another check valve in the system under the hood closer to the cylinder you not only disrupt flow this will decrease the surface area  when there is a spike in the hose(when it hits the ground fully pressurized). in other words  it will not be 2,500 psi for 15 feet of #8 hose it will be 2,500 psi for 2 feet when it spikes the entire weight of the car will be on those 2 feet.  
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 06:13:13 AM »

well i think this may be a little false (this is just my opinion). but if there is another check valve in the system under the hood closer to the cylinder you not only disrupt flow this will decrease the surface area  when there is a spike in the hose(when it hits the ground fully pressurized). in other words  it will not be 2,500 psi for 15 feet of #8 hose it will be 2,500 psi for 2 feet when it spikes the entire weight of the car will be on those 2 feet.  

It would be OK for the 2 feet of hose to each cylinder, it's still holds the same amount of internal pressure. Regarding hoses, there is no spreading of the load, PSI is pounds per square inch, or pounds for each inch.

You are right (IMO) on the disruption of flow with a second check valve, I never thought about that, ahh, but there are different types of check valves, a flapper valve might be considered.

The one flaw that may be present and has never been verified, is that the fluid may become more aerated as it is rotated though the system. There is no back and forth movement of the same fluid as when using a single hose. (or two hoses that just move the fluid back and forth.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 08:43:45 PM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: