hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 28, 2024, 07:04:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Different ways to trouble shoot  (Read 2910 times)
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« on: March 14, 2004, 04:38:28 PM »

One of the goals is to teach people how to trouble shoot, not just give them the answers.  I used to work rebuilding aircraft parts and now own an automotive repair shop. I have learned alot about trouble shooting. There are at least seven ways to find out what's wrong with anything.

On this site I will be using the list below in the posts. This is to help you get an idea of how to use this list as a guide for any repair. Only the numbered items that relate to the post will be shown.

LIST:

1) Process of elimination (if it's not this or this, it must be that).

2) Substitution (replace the item with a known good item).

3) Known values (if the values are out-of-spec, it's bad).

4) Vibration or knock test (yep, get a hammer and knock it around, like on a stuck GM starter solenoid).

5) Over load test (I like to use this to cause a problem to show right a-way).

6) History of failure (like on certain cars, the same thing goes out all the time).

7) By-passing (like if you think you have a bad ground somewhere, just add another ground and forget about finding the problem)

I know there are more, and once you have a complete list you can pretty much figure out anything using the above seven items on each circuit. Be it mechanical/electrical/hydraulic.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 05:02:27 PM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
VOLV_LO

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 12:40:11 PM »

as for hydraulics...

break it down..

Is this problem ELECTRICAL or MECHANICAL??

Example,
If your solenoids don't even make a noise when you hit the switch then you have an electrical problem.  if you hit the switch and the pump fired then got jamed, yet can still dump, you have a mechanical problem...

1 one major problem over the net. books or talking is any similar situation can be more than 1 answer.

In my book I have a HUGE Frequently ASKED QUESTIONS SECTION that took me quite some time to complete.  It covers IN MY EYES ALMOST everything that could happen.  I may have missed a few things but if you have a problem, try to re-inact the situation, the noises that you heard, the aftermath.  Then look in the book and find something similar to your problem...

Also search this website.  Eventually everything will be covered.   B)  

Book preview CLICK HERE;
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view...98&cat=25&val=1

Buy the book "The Science of Hydraulic Suspension" CLICK HERE;
http://www.authorhouse.com/BookStore/ItemD...45Ar5A3ZD4%253d
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: