hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 28, 2024, 06:31:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to buy, form who  (Read 3812 times)
Clueless
« on: July 25, 2004, 01:51:46 PM »

i want to put hydrualics on my car but i have no clue biout this stuff where to go what to get.....  :unsure:  
Guest_Hydros
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 07:10:50 PM »

BlackMagicHydraulics.com
ProHopper.com
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2004, 02:11:14 AM »

i want to put hydrualics on my car but i have no clue biout this stuff where to go what to get.....  :unsure:
Ask away, I'm sure there are many others wanting the same information too.

Let's see if I can help...

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Clueless
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2004, 07:11:45 PM »

well what do u think is the firs thing i shud think about befor putting hydraulics on my car?  
Guest_Hydros
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2004, 01:31:59 PM »

well what do u think is the firs thing i shud think about befor putting hydraulics on my car?
Hmm...

Here's some thoughts...

What are you are going to do with the hydros, how many batteries, what moves.  Depending on that, you would need some reinforment of the frame.

Find a good vendor to buy the parts from, compare prices and service and location.

Get a few books on aircraft and industrial and lowrider hydraulics and electrical. Plan and learn as much as you can before the install.

Get an idea of the tools and safety equipment.

Get an idea of how you plan the layout in the trunk, size cylinders and hoses to the front.

If you're having someone do the cuts outs, find a good shop or someone that knows what to, and, what not to do.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2004, 01:43:29 PM by Hydros » Logged
guanatos lowrider
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2005, 05:34:46 PM »

for instance, i have a 1984 montecarlo, 8 cyl. and i want it to pancake, side to side, 3 wheel, front to back, sort of that, how many equipment do i need, thanks for the help in advance  
Dro'd Up
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2005, 08:55:12 AM »

A two pump set up will do everything u want. Two pump Ten switches Eight batteries. :ph34r:  
1984monte_notSS

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 12:13:19 PM »

so basically, the eight batteries set up is to gain weight for the tail
ILLSWAG1619

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 10:03:41 AM »

Its my understanding that all hydraulic parts are pretty much the same regardless of the name stickered to them.  It's all a matter of configuring the right set up for your ride,  #9,10,11 gears, large port blocks,6 or 8 hoses 3 or 8 batteries.  All these parts are ingredients to create the perfect set up for YOUR ride.  Save your self money and shop around.   I have noticed that black magic has been tearing up the scene lately. they are very innovative with their products and i really like that, prices arent too bad either.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: