hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 27, 2024, 07:54:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: snow plow  (Read 13242 times)
CE
« on: January 24, 2005, 06:54:06 PM »

Hello I have a Northman snowplow.  The pump and the motor assembly looks very close to the one you have on your web page.  The part number 1185ac12v.  I am having problems with this unit, the plow goes up slow and I am looking to solve this problem myself.  I have not found any info from the web that helps at all.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  

Tony
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2005, 07:01:24 PM »

Try this link:

http://hydros.biz/forum/index.php?showforum=31

also, the inlet could be clogged, or restricted. Low on oil.  Oil too cold or too thick or contaminated. Pump head is leaking or an internal leak at the control valve.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2005, 12:49:23 AM by Hydros » Logged
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2005, 07:27:17 PM »

There could be a high mechanical resistance. Also a bad ground. The motor could be burned out.

But how can this help you?  There needs to be a set way to trouble shoot.

As with anything, lets break this down:

1) electrical
2) mechanical
3) fluid
4) power sources

Then look at restriction, worn parts, flow or connections, switching and safety devices for each of the above.  

My best guess is first look at the power source (charge battery, good connections) Check around the motor for a burnt smell, does the motor sound like is always has?  If all is well, then there might be an internal fluid leak, like inside the pump or valveing. Here a pressure guage and some plugs or shut off valves will be helpful for more testing.

LMK.

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: