hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 26, 2024, 08:02:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: On hopping... coils inside of coils.  (Read 3187 times)
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2012, 03:01:20 AM »

Notice how the front end slams to the ground when hopping, all kinds of parts fly off.

what if another coil spring fit inside the current spring, small and tight, like train coils, I used to ride with them, a friend got them after a train accident.

Anyways, they were stuff as nails. This is the part I don't get, you need a lot of turns or stiff coils to keep from smacking the ground,  but, the performance sucks, IMO.  

so you get coils that perform good, yet if the switch is miss-timed your front end flys off. Smiley

What I see is now the rear axle is getting move more rearward. the back-end no longer needs to sit so high to get the inches.  So, the distance from the front tires to the cars front bumper and angle is no longer an issue IMO,
« Last Edit: December 18, 2012, 04:55:17 PM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
87gbody
Visionaries

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 06:21:56 PM »

Notice how the front end slams to the ground when hopping, all kinds of parts fly off.

what if another coil spring fit inside the current spring, small and tight, like train coils, I used to ride with them, a friend got them after a train accident.

Anyways, they were stuff as nails. This is the part I don't get, you need a lot of turns or stiff coils to keep from smacking the ground,  but, the performance sucks, IMO.  

so you get coils that perform good, yet if the switch is miss-timed your front end flys off. Smiley

So a tight coil inside a standard coil, to stop the car from bottoming out? Any ideas how to hold the skinny spring in place with a coil under?

What I see is now the rear axle is getting move more rearward. the back-end no longer needs to sit so high to get the inches.  So, the distance from the front tires to the cars front bumper and angle is no longer an issue IMO,
Great point. But that could also be counter productive depending on the setup, I think mine will need all the leverage it can get.

How about a progressive rate hopping coil?
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2012, 07:27:58 PM »

see reply here:

http://hydros.biz/forum/index.php?topic=230
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 08:06:06 PM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: