hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
April 25, 2024, 04:31:01 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A little info from Andy, the maker of the Adex  (Read 4153 times)
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« on: October 03, 2007, 03:08:17 PM »

Well it has come to my attention that other dump valves may not leak, still have fast reaction times and are rated to handle more pressure than the Adex valve, BUT here is something I learned or heard about just recently from the man himself:

It appears that the Adex does not leak internally like other valves can. Andy told me that hoppers using the Adex do hit higher than with the big green or other industrial valves. That is has been proven time after time.

I find this interesting and had never though about it. I guess you could set something up to collect the fluid as the valve is closed under pressure, but why bother if in fact the car does hit higher.

This is a piece of information I believe could be placed on ads for the Adex. I as a technical man would appreciate this information, as I hate copying other hoppers just because I see they are also using an Adex.

This and others are many reasons the run the Adex in your ride, hopper or not.

Now this has not be proven to me first hand and this is something I'd like to find out for myself. In the meantime, I do run the Adex.

If the regular Adex valve should ever pressure lock, do not hit on it, loosen a fitting very slowly until the coils/car starts to move. Tightening up the fitting, then dump. Or use one of those 10,000PSI shut off valves, and release the fluid back into the tank.

Regarding pressure locking, this has happened a couple of times to me, it is not the fault of the valve, it's because the switch was not hit correctly or something else is causing a huge pressure spike, like having your coil springs slip out and getting caught in between the a-arm and frame. Really sucks  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 12:00:11 AM by Hydros » Logged

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: