hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
May 04, 2024, 08:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Mercedes + Hydros  (Read 1428 times)
rkh796
« on: May 23, 2005, 08:26:56 PM »

hey whats up,

I'm gonna be coming into a lot of money pretty soon and i wanted to pimp out my next car, which is going to be a mercedes.  I had my eyes set on an earlier to mid 90's E class or maybe even a '98 S Class.  I was definetly thinking of including some hydros on it regardless. When i say i want some hydros i dont mean i want this thing to dance or anything, i just want a little bit of up and down.  If any of you have seen the Monte Carlo that Denzel Washington drives in the movie Training Day, thats about what i want in terms of up and down potential.  Another point to this is that i dont want to ruin the car, i preferably would like a lot of trunkspace left over.  I'm also probably gonna put some 20's or 21's so please tell me if thats gonna be a technical problem.  
                        So what i'm pretty much asking is how much a hydraulic system that fits that criteria would cost and what the potential side effects on the car would be.  If yall could help me out thatd be awesome.  Thanks.

Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 02:08:28 AM »

Regarding trunk space, go with a high speed, high torgue motor for the front, Two batteries should be enough.

I can't say I seen the movie Training Day yet, but you will jump up pretty good with some nice coils, and maybe hop about 8".

That motor makes a unique sound.

Regarding the rim sizes, hmm... just a guess here... forget about laying.

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Dro'd Up
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2005, 09:03:50 AM »

Remember the thinner the tire you use the less you want the car to hop considering that the tire also gives a bit of cushion along with the springs. Too thin of a tire can result in some bent rims even off an 8 inch Hop. Your best bet for that kind of setup would be airbags.Up and down side to  side with minimal space taken up in the trunk.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: