hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
May 07, 2024, 02:41:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Frame (Rust) Repair  (Read 1496 times)
Kromatized

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2005, 04:40:27 AM »

Sup Riders!

I own a 64 Belair, Ive noticed that there is a few rust holes in my frame. The rust is located under the drivers seat area where the frame takes a dip down and runs along the floor of the car. It still seems fairly solid but I'd feel more comfortable knowing it is fixed up right.

I'm not planning on taking the frame off, its just a cruiser. Should I just wrap the side and bottom of the effected area?

Any tips or help would be very appreciated...

Peace
« Last Edit: June 02, 2005, 04:43:15 AM by Kromatized » Logged
Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:58:45 AM »

Man that's a good one, I mean you are going to add more metal and make it stronger. But in time the rust will win.

I have always done things the best way possible, when possible. maybe you can sandblast out the rust, spray it down and give it a coat of primer then a top coat or some type of sealer. Then reinforce it all up.

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
Kromatized

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 02:26:41 AM »

Sup Hydros,

Thanks for your reply. Ive had a chance to talk with a metal worker and like you said the rust will win. We decided the best thing to do is to cut out the rusted area and replace it with fresh metal. Ive taking templates of the area in need of repair, so it should be pretty straight forward.

Peace homie!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: