hydros.biz Lowrider hydraulics information
May 02, 2024, 11:35:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Forum restoration complete! Bug hunt in progress!  Smiley

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: newbie!  (Read 1900 times)
FSN

View Profile WWW
« on: June 26, 2005, 05:48:51 PM »

hey can someone help me, i havent seen many aircraft setups (pics only) and id like to see a diagram or similar of a FBSS 2 pump setup.. the setup id like to run eventually.. im not sure if im on the right track designing the system as i dont know the hitches etc envolved with these old pumps and valves.. any advice on what should be in the system/which is safer where, and so on,  would be much appreciated. just a basic overview of a two pump system i suppose.. i gotta sart somewhere!
thanks
« Last Edit: June 26, 2005, 06:44:59 PM by FSN » Logged

FSN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 05:13:56 PM »

far out lucky i came to this site  :blink:  

Hydros
Administrator
Expert Member

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2005, 12:28:11 AM »

Hmm...

The basics are the same. It's going to depend a lot on the type of dump valves you will be using.

2 port
3 port
4 port

You can use some aircraft relief valves and filters too.

The pumps already have built in relief ports. Also, what model of car? And what type of aircraft power packs do you have in mind?  The Pescos?  

Was this information helpful?
What information would you like to see?
Post your comments, questions and suggestions here.

Send email to: tjjjc2 @ yahoo. com (use no spaces)
misterouija

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2005, 12:37:22 PM »

hey can someone help me, i havent seen many aircraft setups (pics only) and id like to see a diagram or similar of a FBSS 2 pump setup.. the setup id like to run eventually.. im not sure if im on the right track designing the system as i dont know the hitches etc envolved with these old pumps and valves.. any advice on what should be in the system/which is safer where, and so on,  would be much appreciated. just a basic overview of a two pump system i suppose.. i gotta sart somewhere!
thanks
alot of two pump systems that are aircraft run one dump per dump and they do front and back..... you would need two pressure equalizers too... Me personally I like the 3 port valves... they look cool on the install...

I have seen a picture that Richard had posted of a 2 pump pesco setup and the rear pump had two dumps... the car was done by Ted Wells..

Not all the pesco units have pressure reliefs... the ones with XXX-R in the model number... have them... at least in the 280 units..

It's good to see some one so far away into this stuff....  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 05, 2005, 12:38:31 PM by misterouija » Logged

" Mister Ouija "
1986 Caprice Classic Brougham

Eternal Rollerz C.C.
President MA Chapter

Visit us on the web
Eternal Rollerz C.C.

Aircraft Stuff:
My Aircraft Hydraulics Collection
$$ WTB - Buying Aircraft Valves $$
FSN

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2005, 07:27:59 PM »

yeah sorry i was told to come here for the lowdown on oldschool hydros and it was a bit dead for a while.  Cheesy  thanks for the replies, im just trying to find out as much as i can so i can make an informed decision on what to run. id like to go with pescos but i think itll depend on whats available when the time comes. cheers! ill start checing back here more often now..

misterouija

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 02:36:55 PM »

No problem If you have any questions just LMK

" Mister Ouija "
1986 Caprice Classic Brougham

Eternal Rollerz C.C.
President MA Chapter

Visit us on the web
Eternal Rollerz C.C.

Aircraft Stuff:
My Aircraft Hydraulics Collection